Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stops at the Service Station

Day 30**The End and the Beginning

Today is the final day of my month long posting on service. It has been a pleasure to offer thoughts on such a good subject. I hope you've enjoyed it. And I hope it may have prompted you to continue incorporating a tad of service in your walk through life. And remember, service does not need to be grand to be meaningful.

I will leave you with a poem about service. It's actually a hymn I found in a 19th century hymn book.

Have I Done Any Good
Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad,
and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has any one's burden been lighter today
because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help, was I there?
Then wake up and do something more
than dream of your mansion above,
doing good is a pleasure,
a joy beyond measure,
a blessing of duty and love.
A true sentiment.
Please leave a comment and you may win a free copy of my book, The Route.

2 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment, Gale, blogging for a whole month about service! Thanks for your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm excited to go through your past posts and get great ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete