Monday, September 28, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!

Elections for Congress are looming, and I believe some of our Representatives are nervous--as they should be. People in America are waking up and speaking out, and I'm thrilled with the cacophony of voices filling the air. For the most part they're good voices; they are voices who are finally questioning where our country is headed, and how different it looks from the America of our Founding Fathers. These are voices who are asking about state's rights and basic freedoms.

Freedom. It's such a vital component of who we are as Americans.

Hmm. I think I'll do a month long posting about freedom...perhaps not every day like I did with service, but let's say we get together two or three times a week and think about this most wondrous of topics.

Let Freedom Ring! (I don't know exactly what that means), but let's find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment