Friday, September 11, 2009

Stops at the Service Station

Day 19**Me and You

Do you sometimes think that life is giving you a raw deal? Maybe things aren't going the way you planned. I know this sounds like a conundrum, but the best thing to do when suffering a bout of self pity, is to forget yourself and serve others. I know it sounds nuts, but it works.


There's a wise saying I read somewhere that goes, "Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive."


I wouldn't suggest this to you if I hadn't tried it myself and found great peace and fulfillment when I've moved beyond my troubles to reach out, in healthy ways, to someone in need. So, if you're having a down day, look up, and find someone to lift. You'll lift yourself at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment