Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stops at the Service Station

Day 23**Sour Cream and Service

"Little acts of kindness can add up to a lifetime of happiness."

I'm putting quote marks around that little sentiment even though I don't know who actually wrote it. I took it from the lid of the Daisy sour cream carton. I figure the marketing people came up with this endearing idea to place uplifting messages on their sour cream cartons to brighten people's day.

I can imagine the business meeting:

CEO: Hey, Fred (the marketing executive). Let's put some happy thoughts on the lids of our Daisy sour cream cartons.

Fred: Great idea!

CEO: Get advertising on it right away.

Fred: Will do. Janice (ad lady). Have your team come up with happy thoughts, okay?

Janice: Happy thoughts? Great idea! Love it!

Fred: Any ideas off the top of your head?

Janice: Sure. How about "Little acts of kindness can add up to a lifetime of happiness"?

Fred: Perfect. Let's run with it.

And there you have it--thoughts about service along with my sour cream. Now every time I dip into the tub for sour cream on my baked potato I can be reminded about the joy of doing little acts of kindness for others. It certainly is making me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment