Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stops at the Service Station

Day 6**Push and Shove

There's a lot of anger and angst in the world. I shiver when I watch the news and see all the violence and hatred. It makes me feel meek and weak. How can I possibly make a difference against all that mess?

Do you feel that way at times?

Mother Teresa said, "If we have no peace it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."

We belong to each other in the world, in our communities, and in our families. Most of us can't do anything about bringing peace to the world, but we sure can do something loving in our communities and our families.

So, don't be overwhelmed. Pick out someone in your neighborhood or family who needs some love and attention and make their day better. It may seem like a small thing, but I think any act of service pushes back the ugliness and darkness.

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment