Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sister Time

I've been derelict in my blog writing, but I have a good excuse. My sister was visiting from California and I put all my focus on her and having fun. Not that writing blogs isn't fun, it's just that the thrall of technology must once in awhile be broken for adventures in the real world: walks in the mountains, sitting on the back porch and eating ice cream, reminiscing about childhood tomfoolery, going out to lunch, shopping for shoes, doing genealogy, going to movies, riding ATVs; the list goes on and on. Real things in the real world that stick to your soul. It's an amazing place, the real world, with dazzling noise, wacky people, and wondrous smells. And what about periwinkle? I was mesmerized by that color in my box of Crayola crayons.

My sister left for home yesterday, and I will miss her. I'll talk to her on the phone and send her letters...I'll even email her, but it won't be the same. I won't be able to see her face when she cracks up over something I've said and I won't be able to feel how much she loves me through a hug.

Yep. There's a lot to be said for technology, but it can't hold a candle to the real world.

I think I'll go out and prune my rose bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment