Friday, December 4, 2009

Welcome to December!

Did it seem like November flew by faster than a turkey with a fox on its tail? Whew! I suppose I didn't see the days disappear because I had my nose to the grindstone trying to finish my Russian novel. And...it's done! I sent it off to the publisher two nights ago, and I'm beginning to feel like a human being again, instead of a human doing.

I'm now trying to catch up with the laundry, grocery shopping (poor George had to eat cereal many a day), and just general house cleaning. I'm not complaining. It feels great to get up and move about.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was great! Everyone pitched in and brought something yummy to eat, for which George was very grateful. Mashed potatoes and gravy had to taste scrumptious after weeks of soggy Special K.

And now it's December and the magical spirit of Christmas is upon us! I love Christmas! Nat King Cole singing, The Christmas Song. Yep, that always starts it off for me. I love the lights and the music. I love the excitement and the sharing. It's not about big gifts, except for one--the gift of the birth of the Christ Child.

May you be surrounded by the gracious spirit of the season as you go about trimming the tree, hanging the lights, and humming those delightful Christmas tunes. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

No comments:

Post a Comment