Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."

--Hubert Humphrey--
I love that!

Haven't you ever had to sit and listen to somebody yammer on about this or that, and seriously wanted to amend the First Amendment...Freedom of Speech except for this yokel who is so irritating that he should have electrician's tape stuck over his mouth at all times except to eat and brush his teeth.

I was at a business party with my hubby one time, and was snagged by this fellow who went on and on about Medieval weaponry. I gave him his First Amendment rights for about twenty minutes and then I exercised a personal right, and...walked away.


My dad used to say, "Gale, you don't have to believe everything you hear." So true, and, I might add, you don't have to be bothered or worried by everything you hear. Shift through the rhetoric and take seriously the things that are true. And, if something is just plain silly, exercise your First and a Half Amendment rights, and...walk away. Ah, freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment